August 31, 2012

guest post - tiffany leigh interior design

Hello LBD fans, I'm Tiffany and I blog over at Tiffany Leigh Interior Design about my decor inspiration and my studies in interior design school!

I'm thrilled that Elizabeth invited me over today while she is away on vacation (lucky lady).



Fall fashion this year is calling for lots of army greens and camo wear.

Often we see fashion creep into decor, but this one might be a bit trickier. Too much and it could start to look too masculine, or worse...themey.

via pinterest
The key to getting this look right in fashion is to keep it a little edgy (notice the leather jacket), mostly neutral (the hat) and add in some feminine touches (the gold nails and black pumps!).



With this in mind, I've gathered some pieces to show you how to translate this fashion trend into timeless home decor:

 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10



The main army piece in this room is the chair:

via Stephen Kenn
It's actually constructed from genuine repurposed WWII military fabric. How cool is that? A conversation piece with a sense of history. It works because the khaki green colour is a classic neutral.

The floral pillow uses the same colours as camo and the deer head pillow creates a slight hunting feel.

The silver tray, bronze garden stool and blue sofa help to break up the army motif and add contrast.



Let's see how this motif has been used by others:

via
^ A subtle and abstract camouflage wallpaper used in a nursery!



via Sarah Richardson
^ Sarah Richardson employs this scheme subtly with wool army blankets, olive green walls, and camo colored fern window treatments.



What do you think of this fashion trend? Do you think you would be bold enough to incorporate it in the home?

And please, come visit my blog! I'd love to meet you :)



Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I am seriously in love with that last room. Sarah Richardson can do no wrong in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool chair! Great moodboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transition from fashion to design. They go hand in hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thought - army green greens and camo wear???? I was thinking RAMBO right off - then I so the ooh-la-la, what a great mood board! Your a true talent! Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your kind words ladies! This was a fun post to put together.
    Elizabeth, thank you so much for having me and I hope you are having an amazing trip!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sara Richardson and her room is amazing - great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that chair is amazing and your choices on the moodboard are wonderful with it - I love the nod to feminity with the blooms and metallic stool. That said, I've been considering a fabulous pair of trousers from Zara in camo print - you may have just convinced me to get them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interior design is very essential thing if anyone wants to get good look for their home and it includes many things like chairs, sofas, colour, wallpapers and so on.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you sweet talk me! It makes my day!
And please make sure you leave an email address so we can keep the convo going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips